- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
theholidaylet.com web-site is based in England. All content will be in English, unless otherwise stated or agreed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the site
We are an advertising service only. This site can be used by members to advertise holiday properties to rent to potential customers and by site users to browse and contact owner/agents to make legitimate enquires for their personal use. Any other use is prohibited.
We do not take part in any rental transactions. All parties involved in rental transactions must be eligible to form a legal, binding agreement. We are not liable for the ability or failure of advertisers or users to fulfill a rental agreement and we are not liable for any losses or damages that occur as a result.
We grant users a license to access the site which can be withdrawn as a result of any type of misuse.
Unlawful use or any activity that may be deemed as negatively affecting the site, its performance or function, its computer systems, networks, users and advertisers is strictly prohibited. We will not incur damages or costs in connection with any breach of these terms and conditions and we reserve the right to bring legal action against any party involved in (but not restricted to) the following activities, and you MUST NOT:
- Copy, reproduce or transmit site content, in part or in full or alter site content to create secondary works or use any process to monitor or copy the site database.
- Attempt to access web servers and web pages other than normal site usage.
- Maliciously use the site, upload viruses or any computer process with the intent to impair the normal running of the site.
- Use any framing technique, border or site mirror to display or reproduce any part or portion of our website on any other website.
- Alter the content of this site by translation into any other language (including computer code).
- Reverse engineer any part of this site
- Sell, attempt to sell or license any part of this site.
- Display or transmit any material which is unlawful or libellous or may be considered inappropriate or offensive to any other party.
- Make false, fraudulent or misleading enquiries, statements or bookings
- Send unsolicited email to advertisers, the site or any email address connected to it.
- Engage in any activity which infringes our, our users or third party copyright.
- Publish any material which does not comply with these terms and conditions
Problems with adverts can be reported via the 'report advert' button. If you experience any other misuse please contact us.
- The site and its contents are protected by copyright and database rights.
- The terms theholidaylet.com and associated logos are the trademarks of theholidaylet.com. Any reproduction of these trademarks is strictly prohibited without express, written permission.
- All images (excluding advertiser's property details) are licensed to theholidaylet.com. Copying and downloading these images for business or personal use is strictly prohibited.
- You may download, view and print hard copies of advertiser's property details and site information, including holidaymaker's checklists for your own personal non-commercial use.
- All other forms of copying are prohibited, including copying site design and code for purposes that are deemed to be detrimental to theholidaylet.com. Where unauthorised copying is evident we reserve the right to bring immediate legal action against that person, party or web-site.
- Advertisers must ensure that they own the copyright of all material published on this site, or have been authorised by the owner to use it. By using our service owners warrant ownership of the copyright of text and images used on their adverts.
- We cannot be held liable for any costs, loss or liability incurred due to breach of copyright by advertisers.
- By accepting these terms and conditions and posting a listing on the site, you automatically grant us license to publish all material, in whole or in part, including text and images in order to display your advert on the site and to allow it to be used by us, for online and offline promotion and advertising. We cannot be held responsible for copyright infringement and any consequential legal costs incurred due to the use of this material.
Responsibility and Liability
Site User Responsibility
- It is your responsibility to verify any information that you may obtain from this web-site before acting upon it.
- It is your responsibility to make satisfactory checks against a person's identity prior to entering into any rental agreement.
- Electronic transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free.
- We advise you not to engage in cash transactions of any kind.
Advertisers Responsibility and Liability
- You must own, be an agent of the owner or otherwise have permission to advertise property with us. It is your responsibility to ensure the suitability, legality and safety of advertised property.
- You agree that we are providing an advertising and information service only and that we cannot mediate in any disputes. We are not party to any rental transactions and we are not responsible for the quality/safety/legality of properties advertised, nor are we responsible for the ability of members to pay for a property or to rent a property.
- You agree to indemnify us from legal action involving, but not restricted to, the following:
- a) non payment for holiday lets
- b) fraud relating to payments
- c) bogus bookings
- d) deposit disputes
- Your login information should be kept safe and we take no responsibility for its unauthorised use.
- We are an English owned and operated site and you agree to write advert descriptions in English. You may add translations to other languages so long as the first description is written in English.
- You agree to provide true and accurate descriptions, guest book reviews, images and videos of your property which should not appear misleading in any way and should relate only to your property. You agree not to upload or use any material that may be considered offensive, indecent, obscene or in breach of any other person's intellectual or personal rights.
- It is your sole responsibility to keep your property advert and your membership account up to date, including prices, availability and contact details.
- It is your responsibility to check the identity of any person making contact with you via the site.
- Any personal information you collect whilst using the site is protected under the Data protection act - and should be used with care and for legitimate purposes only. On request you must provide the owner access to any data held, along with the opportunity to remove it.
- Advertising of more than one property or any property other than the property first listed is strictly prohibited on single paid listings, without our explicit written permission.
- For security reasons you may not use email addresses on any property advert.
- Links - You may add a link ONLY in the dedicated link section of your account.
- a) This link must point to your own personal property website and the linked site must display the same property as you are advertising with us.
- b) We do not allow hyperlinks in description fields - these will be removed immediately.
- c) We do not allow links to your property on competitors' web-sites and these links will be removed immediately.
- d) Links to other websites, products or services are strictly prohibited.
- e) We request reciprocal links from advertisers and you agree to make reasonable efforts to add a link to us from your own web-site.
Our Responsibility and Liability
- We do not check the identity of site visitors, account holders or advertisers. We advise all parties to make reasonable checks prior to rental agreements or bookings.
- We are not liable for the ability or failure of advertisers or users to fulfill a rental agreement and we are not liable for any losses or damages that occur as a result.
- Advertising content (including text, images, videos, guestbook comments, prices and availability dates) is provided by the owner or agent of the property and it is their sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate, not misleading and kept up to date. We are not responsible for user contributed content and we are not liable for losses are damages which occur due to inaccurate information.
- We check all adverts on publication and they are published in good faith. Once adverts are published we use various techniques to ensure the integrity of adverts, including a 'report advert' form.
- We will make reasonable efforts to contact you in the event of problems with your advert however we reserve the right to immediately suspend or cancel problem adverts or accounts.
- We will, to the best of our efforts ensure the site is available at all times, but we cannot guarantee uninterrupted or problem free service. In line with good computer practice we will endeavour to keep the site error and virus free, but this cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to take the site off-line without prior notice for essential maintenance and upgrades. Any such operations will be carried out with a view to minimising disruption / improving service.
- We reserve the right to modify or remove adverts in part or in full, for any reason and without prior notice and we will not be liable for any costs, damages or loss of earnings that incur as a result.
- All adverts main images MUST be in landscape format. We make reasonable
efforts to work with advertisers to advise on images in order to
maintain search results uniformity and quality of advert. Where this
proves difficult we reserve the right to change, delete and re-order
images to achieve best results and to facilitate advert approval.
- All adverts main images MUST be in landscape format. We make reasonable efforts to work with advertisers to advise on images in order to maintain search results uniformity and quality of advert. Where this proves difficult we reserve the right to change, delete and re-order images to achieve best results and to facilitate advert approval.
- We reserve the right to change, suspend or terminate any part of the site due to technical, commercial or legal reasons and we will not be liable for any costs, damages or loss of earnings that incur as a result
- We reserve the right to change any price, offer or feature within adverts and impose limits on all advertising and we will not be liable for any costs, damages or loss of earnings that incur as a result.
- We reserve the right to hold, restrict access or terminate accounts due to improper usage, incorrect, incomplete or outdated information, or after verifying complaints of misrepresentation, abuse of the forum or any activity which breaches our terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time, without warning and with immediate effect. Any changes will be posted to the news section of the site but will become effective at the time of change. Advertisers who do not agree to the new terms and conditions are bound by the version of the terms and conditions effective at commencement of their current advert. Once this advert expires they should cease to use the site.
- We link to external sites but we cannot be held responsible for the content or practices of those sites.
- We will not be liable for negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise, for any direct or indirect consequential damage suffered by you as a result of your use of our website.
Acceptance of terms; user account
When registering with theholidaylet.com you agree to be registered at the same time as a forum user. Participation in the forum is optional. Any contrubution to the forum will be made from the user name selected at time of registering. Site users and advertisers must also agree to operate only ONE account which serves the site as a whole.
Failures of our service may be outside of our control, and include but are not restricted to:
- natural disasters (earthquakes, hurricanes, floods)
- wars, riots or other major upheaval
- Performance failures of parties outside the control of the contracting party (e.g. disruptions in services provided by telecommunications providers.
- Where interruptions occur due to forces outside of our control we cannot be held liable for loss of income, enquiries or bookings. Under no circumstances will our liability exceed the value of advertising fee received.
By registering as a member or to receive newsletters you agree to opt-in to receive marketing email from us. If you do not want to receive further emails or newsletters use the opt-out link found at the bottom of all communications.
- Payment is to be made electronically only and will be processed by Barclays Merchant Services.
- For your security we cannot accept cash or cheques.
- Due to conversion rates on the day your payment is processed, you will be charged the rate for that day, and this payment will show on your card statement (this applies only to customers where bank accounts are held outside of the UK).
We provide a distance selling service and we must provide by law a cooling off period to allow you to reconsider your purchase.
Our refund policy is 30 (thirty) days from time of order (payment), subject to the following:
- Your decision to cancel must be confirmed by letter, fax or email within 30 days of the order (payment). Advertisers terminating their advert after this period will not be eligible for a refund.
- We will reimburse you within 30 days of this confirmation.
- We will charge a 20% admin fee which will be deducted from your re-funded fee - this will cover the initial processing charges for the order, any subsequent charges for card re-imbursement as well as postal charges if required.